K-Con is proud to announce that Pat Kiernan, president, has successfully completed the Design-Build Institute of America’s comprehensive education, training and certification testing program to achieve the design-build industry’s designation as a nationally certified Associate Design-Build Professional.™
The Design-Build Institute of America is an association of leaders in the design and construction industry utilizing design-build and integrated project delivery methods to execute high-performance projects. DBIA certification demonstrates that an individual has an understanding of best practices in every phase of design-build project delivery, from proposal preparation to substantial completion.
As a member of the Design Build Institute of America, K-Con can assure you that the design/build approach will provide you with these significant advantages:
- Design/build projects typically result in 6-10% cost savings while completing projects an average of 33% faster.
- The design/build process promotes close communications and a partnering effort between owner, builder and designer, thus avoiding conflicts.
- Overall responsibility for the project falls to one source – the design/builder.
- Precise, up-front definition of the design with the consensus of all team members, virtually eliminates costly change orders and modifications during construction.
- Concurrent activities – construction on initial phases can begin while final designs and finish decisions continue.
Congrats on the achievement, Pat!